Some frequently asked question's we are contacted about regarding the application design and implementation process:
- This completely depends on what you need. It takes longer to build a 1000 page megasite than a smaller eight page brochure website.
- We like to work with all sorts and sizes of businesses and individuals, and we bring the same skills used to support our celebrity and big business clients to the work we do for smaller clients. We’re just as keen to work with small businesses as we are large ones, and as a local firm we’re ideally placed to understand the needs of growing organisations.
- We certainly can do! It’s important to approach application redesigns sensitively to make sure your reasons for the application upgrade are valid and will help your business. This will ensure the project is an overall success from your ROI point of view.
- Of course! With the advent of online conference tools such as Zoom, appear.in, and of course Skype, just to name a few, it makes working with businesses anywhere in the world straight forward enough.
- If you need our help with web support and maintenance, we’ll be here for you. If not, we will leave you to it. If you change your mind and need us after all, we’ll still be here for you!
- It most certainly will! More people are accessing the web via small screens than ever, and the trend is likely to carry on. If your site doesn’t display or work properly on a mobile or tablet screen, you risk losing a big chunk of your potential audience. It means mobile responsive web design is essential these days. Every website we create is mobile responsive.
- A page one position in the Google search results is like gold dust. Not so long ago it was relatively easy to achieve. These days it’s a lot more challenging, and getting it wrong can affect your reputation. Thankfully we have SEO tools and know-how to maximise your chances and some happy customers to vouch for us. Google favors websites that are optimized for mobile devices and have adopted a mobile responsive web design policy which there algorithm is most inclined to rank a site that fits the bill – by being responsive and user-friendly.
- Google has personally answered this one for you. They say that in most cases SEO can take between 4 months to a year to help your business first implement improvements and then see potential benefit. Google came out with a clear strategy and set of recommendations on how to best maximize SEO when developing websites, and the clear winner is Responsive Web Design which we always develop for.
- Yes we could do. We specialise in web application development but could set up the standard social media accounts for you eg Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and hand them over to you to maintain with content.
- The age-old question! It completely depends on what you need, but you can rest assured we deliver the best possible value for money and it won’t break the bank. Why not ask for a quote? There’s no obligation and we won’t sulk if you say 'no'!
- There would be hosting charges from eg Winhost who we have used frequently and are completely independent from us. There may also be costs for eg photos if you can’t supply them yourself. However we always do our best to use stock images sites that are free where possible. Other than that, we always make extra charges –if there are any crystal clear up front so you know exactly where you stand.
- Your site is yours. You can move if you like, and we will never penalise you for it.
- We like to work on a 30% upfront basis with 30% payable after the designs are agreed and the outstanding 40% payable when the development has been completed and signed off.
- Web hosting is required in order to get your website online. It is the space that you ‘rent’ which houses your web files and allows users to access your site and the information contained on it.
- Go ahead. Once you’ve sorted your domain out, we can take things from there. But if you need help, feel free to ask. Some hosting companies like eg Winhost supply domain names, SSL certificates and hosting all together.